Sunday, March 16, 2014

#8- Summary of Research

After researching divorced marriages and families, I have learned information that has opened my eyes to what these families are truly going through. Divorce is often seen as a bad thing, but I have learned that sometimes it is a relief and a new start. There are numerous coping mechanisms and ways to communicate between spouses and children. I particularly enjoyed the Sesame Street videos that I came across because I never realized that there was a friendly approach to children that probably do not understand what is going on with their parents. It is often confusing for children and they put the blame on themselves, but Sesame Street helps children realize what exactly a divorce is. 
I have took a lot of things away from these months of research and I have a better understanding of the impacts of divorce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment